European Masters started this year in the Indoor Championship of WMA in Daegu (South Korea).
The Mountain Runners met in Montcada (Spain).
Aarhus hosted the Stadia Championship in the summertime (Denmark),
and on September 10th Wroclaw in Poland organized the first European Masters Marathon Championships.
The good news for 2018 – all championships are ready to welcome the Masters Athletics.
Madrid (in the centre of Spain) invites the European Athletes to the EMAC Indoors with winter throwing and cross.
Alicante (at the Mediterranean Sea of Spain) is happy to welcome the runners and the race walkers at their cost line.
Malaga will call the World Masters Community to come together in Spain.
The Spanish Athletics Federation (RFEA) celebrates it 100th Anniversary – a long and very successful journey in sports.
On September 9th Wroclaw will host again the Marathon Runners of Europe to take part in a great City Run.
After the General Assembly in Aarhus the new EMA Council was elected by the delegates:
Kurt Kaschke – President
Jean Thomas – Vice-President
Gerardo Vaiani Lisi – Treasurer
Maria Pires de Carvalho – General Secretary
Martin Roald Arboel – Technical Director
This Council will remain until 2021 and a new team has to take over the responsibilities after the GA in (NN).
For the next years EMA Council likes to concentrate on some important matters for the Masters Athletics Development:
- The collaboration with SIGMA System will continue and a new data base is in progress. That would make it easier to enter into our Championships and the results will always be updated.
- www.irunclean.org will be obligatory for all officers and athletes in the future events. EMA will follow European-Athletics project to of education in Anti-Doping matters.
- EMA website has to be updated by our partner www.chillimedia.ch to make sure that all appliance can work with different software. The template will be created in a modern style but easy to read for all and easy to follow up.
- EMA Council asked the affiliates before the GA in Aarhus to nominate persons for duties in our organisation. In Lausanne the decision was made to nominate for
- Marketing and Public Relation – Uwe Galda (GER), Michael Hausler (GB), Moreno Beggio (ITA)
- Media and Communication – Luca Casal (ITA), Alfred Hermes (GER)
- Team Managers, Coaches and Athletes – Valentyna Krepkina (UKR), Fennie van Osch (NED), Kalle Glomsaker (NOR)
- Governance of Sport – Dr. Franz Kropik (AUT), Kalle Glomsaker (NOR)
- Law and Legislation – Manuel Cortés (ESP)
- Event Management – Colette Ruineau (FRA), Fernando Marquina (ESP), Kalle Glomsaker (NOR)
- Board of Technical Managers
- Stadia Manager – Janusz Krynicki (POL)
- Indoor Manager – Moreno Beggio (ITA)
- Non Stadia and Marathon – Dr Vesna Repic (SRB)
- Mountain Running, Cross, Relay – NN
- Statistician Team – Ivar Soederlind (SWE), Giusy Lacava (ITA), Fernando Maquina (ESP), Jaume Ferret (ESP)
- Anti-Doping Manager – Dr. Martine Prévost (FRA)
- Safety Officer – Christine and Bill Courtney (GB)
- Panel of EMATO and IRWJ will be nominated and published on EMA website
EMA Council wishes you all a peaceful end of the season and a healthy and motivated start into NEW YEAR