The following must always apply according to our instructions on the website:
• If there is a new Record or Best Performance, the Affiliate (after having recognised it as their National Record or Best Performance) must apply to the EMA through the Secretary, within 30 days.
- An application form must be downloaded from the EMA (or WMA) website and must be sent together with a copy of the full results of the competition and, for a track race timed using Fully Automatic Timing, with a copy of the Photo Finish and Zero Control Test.
- The EMA Record Working Group, after investigation if necessary, will approve and submit the application to the Council which, as per section 3 of the By Laws, has the final decision.
- If the European Record or European Best Performance is also a World Record or World Best Performance, EMA will inform the WMA Records Chairperson, for their approval.
- European Records and European Best Performances set in EMACS, EMACI or EMACNS (or their World equivalents) will be automatically approved from the Championship Results, if they comply with all the necessary conditions and have been checked by the EMA Record Working Group, without the need for completing an application form.
- Similarly, European Championship Records and Best Performances will be approved automatically.
- In addition European Records and European Best Performances set in the following meets directly sanctioned by IAAF (WA), namely the Olympic Games, the IAAF World Championships, Grand Prix meets, the Commonwealth Games and equivalent regional meets
– i.e.: IAAF (WA) International Competitions indicated in IAAF (WA) Rule 1.1(a)-1.1.(j) – will be automatically approved from the Championship/Meet Results, if they comply with all the necessary conditions and have been checked by the EMA Record Working Group, without the need for completing an application form.
EMA Statistic Manager